Games I'm Currently Playing
From time to time, you'll see a post where I talk about one or more of the games I'm currently playing. When I write about these games, however, I don't really consider what I've written as a straight-forward "review." I'm not a big fan of video game reviews. I do not believe it is possible for someone to properly review a game in such a short amount of time, as is required by the major game review sites like IGN and GameSpot. Either your review ends up just being a simple impression you've gotten from dabbling in the game or it ends up reflecting your experience of trying to rush through the game to get your review out on time. Neither of those produces real, solid experience for a game. I really think you can only honestly review a game if you play it at the pace you desire.
So anytime I decide to write about a game I'm playing, I'm going to write it from one of three perspectives: 1) First impressions, 2) Heavy play, and 3) Game completed. These three perspectives reflect the three phases I believe that all gamers go through when they play a game. Thus it is possible that, for every game I play, I end up writing three separate reviews -- one for each phase. One's opinion can often change pretty significantly between these phases, which is why so many of us end up with games that we start and never actually dedicate time to or games that we play a whole lot of but then simply never finish.
To get things rolling, I've added the current list of games I am playing to the bottom of the sidebar on the right, and I will try to keep it updated. Thus, you can see what phase I am in the games that I'm playing and, if you so desire, request a review of any of those games you see in that list. You can even recommend some games to me if you really want to know what I think of it, but I can't guarantee I'll ever get to it.
Also, from time to time, I'm going to reveal more of my past game experiences and accomplishments either in posts or new links popping up in the sidebar. For example, I'm a huge fan of Fighting Games like Street Fighter, and I've actually written up a lot of System Guides and FAQs for a few Fighting Games. In the side bar, under the manifesto link, I've included a link to my GameFAQs contribution page, so you can see the FAQs I've written in the past.
So keep an eye on the sidebar. As time goes on, I may add more things that reflect my video gaming exploits.
Have a good weekend, and thanks for reading.
- jchensor
So anytime I decide to write about a game I'm playing, I'm going to write it from one of three perspectives: 1) First impressions, 2) Heavy play, and 3) Game completed. These three perspectives reflect the three phases I believe that all gamers go through when they play a game. Thus it is possible that, for every game I play, I end up writing three separate reviews -- one for each phase. One's opinion can often change pretty significantly between these phases, which is why so many of us end up with games that we start and never actually dedicate time to or games that we play a whole lot of but then simply never finish.
To get things rolling, I've added the current list of games I am playing to the bottom of the sidebar on the right, and I will try to keep it updated. Thus, you can see what phase I am in the games that I'm playing and, if you so desire, request a review of any of those games you see in that list. You can even recommend some games to me if you really want to know what I think of it, but I can't guarantee I'll ever get to it.
Also, from time to time, I'm going to reveal more of my past game experiences and accomplishments either in posts or new links popping up in the sidebar. For example, I'm a huge fan of Fighting Games like Street Fighter, and I've actually written up a lot of System Guides and FAQs for a few Fighting Games. In the side bar, under the manifesto link, I've included a link to my GameFAQs contribution page, so you can see the FAQs I've written in the past.
So keep an eye on the sidebar. As time goes on, I may add more things that reflect my video gaming exploits.
Have a good weekend, and thanks for reading.
- jchensor
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home