Evolution 2006
Now that summer is upon us, "Evolution Season" is in full swing. What's "Evolution" you might ask? Evolution is the largest fighting game tournament in the world. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge fan of fighting games, and the Evolution tournaments, run by the folks at Shoryuken.com, is something I am very passionate about. As a fighting game fanatic, it is my dream to see Fighting Games become more "popular" as competitive events. Few video games, nay competitive games in general, can quite approach the level of skill, talent, and smarts required by the top fighting games in order to be one of the best. The highest level of play in Fighting Games is truly as worthy of highlight reels as any other sport.
The reason I bring up this tournament is that it all begins this weekend. This year, for the first time, the Evolution tournament, sponsored by Toyota, makers of the new Yaris (pardon the plug), is a multi-weekend event. Not content to just be a single weekend this year, Evolution has spanned from 1 tournament to three separate tournaments that will run all summer long. Evo West will be located in Los Angeles, California tihs upcoming weekend. Evo East will be located in Stamford, Connecticut starting July 15th. And the Evo Finals will be located in Las Vegas, Nevada starting on August 18th.
As I mentioned, Evo West is this upcoming weekend. So if you are based in Southern California and have a chance to stop by, try to find me and say hi. I will be working Evo West, doing my part to help the Shoryuken.com staff make it the best series of tournaments ever (more than likely, I'll be the touristy-looking guy walking around trying to take as many pictures as possible, if I'm not working any of the qualifying pools). In fact, I will also be traveling to Evo East and the Evo Finals to help out at all three events! It's gonna be quite a busy summer for me, but hopefully it'll be lots of fun and quite memorable.
After each Evo, I'll probably write up a post or two about the events, talking about the events and things that went well and ways we could improve on it and take any suggestions from those who attended. I'll also try to keep up with my regular posting, as I have every intention to put a close to the "Realism in Games" series of posts and move onto a new overall topic, something I've just been dying to address. So we'll see how well I can balance the three Evos, vacations, visitors from out of town, and keeping up with my posts!
In any case, the Evolution Summer has begun! Here's to hoping it turns out to be an awesome event!
- James
As I mentioned, Evo West is this upcoming weekend. So if you are based in Southern California and have a chance to stop by, try to find me and say hi. I will be working Evo West, doing my part to help the Shoryuken.com staff make it the best series of tournaments ever (more than likely, I'll be the touristy-looking guy walking around trying to take as many pictures as possible, if I'm not working any of the qualifying pools). In fact, I will also be traveling to Evo East and the Evo Finals to help out at all three events! It's gonna be quite a busy summer for me, but hopefully it'll be lots of fun and quite memorable.
After each Evo, I'll probably write up a post or two about the events, talking about the events and things that went well and ways we could improve on it and take any suggestions from those who attended. I'll also try to keep up with my regular posting, as I have every intention to put a close to the "Realism in Games" series of posts and move onto a new overall topic, something I've just been dying to address. So we'll see how well I can balance the three Evos, vacations, visitors from out of town, and keeping up with my posts!
In any case, the Evolution Summer has begun! Here's to hoping it turns out to be an awesome event!
- James
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home